Many people have asked for specific things to pray for.. Hopefully the list below would help give direction for prayer. Only God knows what our experience will be like. On a general note, I have been feeling some anxiety, so I would also ask for Peace. In the midst of newness, that God would give peace in all circumstances.
4 Rejoice in the Lord always: again I will say, Rejoice. 5 Let your forbearance be known unto all men. The Lord is at hand. 6 In nothing be anxious; but in everything by prayer and supplication with thanksgiving let your requests be made known unto God. 7 And the peace of God, which passeth all understanding, shall guard your hearts and your thoughts in Christ Jesus.
• Protection from anything that might cause harm in any way, spiritual, emotional, or physical.
• Discipline to remain in God’s Word, in prayer, and in fellowship.
• Enabling by the Holy Spirit to do the work to which we are called.
• Proficiency with the language, that it wouldn’t be a barrier for us.
• Flexibility when needed for any situations that may arise.
• Patience with one another, those we meet, and with those whom we work alongside.
• An attitude of service.
• Safety as we go about our daily life.
• Collaboration\compatibility with the people there, that we would work well together.
• Courage when it’s needed.
• A heart of love.
• Health: that we would remain healthy and not get sick.
• Boldness/discernment to know what to say, when to speak and when to listen.
• Support/provision for our spiritual, emotional and physical needs.
• Wisdom as we make large and small decisions, daily.
• Family, that this experience would enrich and strengthen our marriage. Also that we would depend on one another when needed.
• Understanding of the culture and the people.
• Community, that there would be people who will build us up and provide friendship.
• Fruit, that God would produce fruit from the work done.